January 26, 2015

3x 30 Minutes Portraits.

 I am still in the middle of 6 weeks Drawing Course (Amazon link here).  Day 9 offers to draw portraits in pencil, ink and charcoal, each session no longer than 30 minutes.

You think I am narcissistic artist, drawing myself three times in a row? No, I am not - where else can one find more obedient and disciplined model for artful experiments, than in the mirror?
I like the one in the middle - big eyes, no wrinkles, nice hairdo. But my mom says, that the first one is the closest resembling of her dearest daughter.

7 comments:

  1. These are great, Irina. I love that each is exactly the same pose, but handled in a different way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura.
      It was easy to keep the pose: chair in the same place and same light. I was more intrigued by materials and paper than by the execution and likeness of portrait (had no big expectations here))).

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I agree with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a great job on these. I've been meaning to try a self portrait. I haven't done one in years. And here you did three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Try it, Carol, and remember, not longer then 30 minutes, this rule frees hand, sense of humor and "nothing to care about" thing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...